Monday, 23 September 2019 13:47

Peter Moyo was granted leave to add evidence to a contempt of court charge he brought against Old Mutual.

He is now adding the second letter to the contempt of court application filed when Old Mutual prevented him from reporting for duty.

In August, the insurer issued Moyo with a second notice terminating his employment. He was given R4m in pay for his six-month notice period for his second dismissal, chair Trevor Manuel said earlier in September, adding that the notice remains valid so Moyo does not need to be at work.

In papers filed in court at the beginning of the matter, Moyo accused Manuel of orchestrating his departure because he had questioned the chair over his own conflicts of interest, which Old Mutual and Manuel have both denied.

Old Mutual’s shares have declined 10% since the company said on May 24 it was suspending Moyo.