South African Weather Service has issued out an advisory of extremely hot conditions.
The current hot temperatures are going to get worse, South African (SA) weather service has issued out an advisory of heatwave conditions until at least Sunday, 20 October.
In the advisory, extremely conditions will persistent with temperatures between 33°C to 36°C in Gauteng.
Tips to stay cool:
- Stay indoors in a cool room
- The elderly should also take care to stay hydrated and cool
- Avoid strenuous activity outdoors, excessive sport and hard labour
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear light clothing and ensure that pets and livestock have enough water
- Don’t leave children or pets unattended in cars.
Advisory: Please be advised of Heat Wave conditions over the next few days over parts of South Africa including Gauteng, North West, Free State, parts of Limpopo and Mpumalanga. Stay safe and hydrated. pic.twitter.com/9FSjm3phrJ— SA Weather Service (@SAWeatherServic) October 17, 2019