Clash of the Choirs South Africa back for a fourth season.
File: Team ShugaSmakx performs Shanice - I love your smile. Picture: Supplied.
Mzansi Magic has confirmed that Clash of the Choirs South Africa returns for a fourth season after a seven year hiatus.
The channel is looking for 16 or more individuals per province that will transform into a choir.
Viewers will be greeted by a new show format with the provincial audition tour forming part of the changes.
The popular show will dive into the backgrounds of the choirs to give viewers a glimpse into their daily lives.
The series is set to air on Mzansi Magic (DStv channel 161) on September 24 at 6pm and will run for 13 weeks.
To audition, you have to be over 19 but younger than 50.
Auditions kicked off on Friday, July 21, and will run until August 24.
Potential candidates are urged to fill out an application form online and submit a short video clip to show off your vocal talent or if you are unable to do an online audition, make your way to the audition venues and wow the judges in-person.
More information can be found on this link. - https://www.dstv.com/mzansimagic/en-za/show/clash-of-the-choirs/season/4/faq's.
Below are the remaining audition dates for each province. Do note, locations are subject to change on or shortly before each date.
Then the audition dates are as follows:
- East London (Friday 21 July) - Miriam Centre Of Performing Arts (TODAY)
- Western Cape (Monday 24 July) - Good Hope Christian Centre (Choir Master Vusi Nova)
- Northern Cape(Friday 28 July)- NC Theatre
- Bloemfontein(Monday 31 July) - Pacofs
- North West(Monday 4 August)- Meropa Casino
- Limpopo(Friday 7 August) - Mmabatho Convention CenteMpumalanga (Friday 11 August)- TBC
- Durban(Tuesday 15 August) - Playhouse
- Johannesburg (Saturday 19 August)- Urban Brew
The winning choir receives the grand prize of R1 million and a generous donation to a charity of the winner's choice.