- Sheffield United were victorious against Manchester United on the opening day of the inaugural Premier League season in 1992. Brian Deane scored the first ever Premier League goal in that match.
- However, the Blades have lost all five subsequent Premier League meetings, and the last seven in all competitions, by an aggregate score of 14-1.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in five Premier League games (W2, D3).
- The Blades could win three consecutive top-flight home fixtures for the first time since August 1993.
- They have conceded just nine goals after 12 league matches. Only Leicester, with eight goals conceded, have a better defensive record.
- This is the latest in a season that the Blades have started a matchround in the top five of the top flight since January 1972.
- United have 17 points after 12 matches, the highest tally at this stage of a Premier League campaign by a promoted club since West Ham's 19 in 2012-13.
- Manchester United have recorded five wins in their last six games in all competitions.
- However the Red Devils have triumphed in only one of their last 10 Premier League away fixtures (D3, L6).
- United's tally of 16 points is their lowest after 12 fixtures of a top-flight season since 1988-89.
- They have failed to keep a clean sheet in 11 matches on the road. United have not conceded in 12 consecutive top-flight away games since a run of 15 in the 1985-86 campaign.
- Since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure, United have lost six of their 19 away Premier League games against promoted sides (W11, D2); just one fewer than in 62 such games under the Scot.
Meanwhile Premier League champions Manchester City got back to winning ways by coming from behind to beat in-form Chelsea in an entertaining game,while Roberto Firmino scored the winner five minutes from time as the Liverpool maintained their eight-point lead at the top of the Premier League.
Elsewhere Jose Mourinho made a winning start to life as Tottenham manager as his new team beat West Ham 3-2 on Saturday for its first away victory in the Premier League in more than 10 months.
Premier League Results:
West Ham 2-3 Tottenham.
Arsenal 2-2 Southhamton.
Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves.
Brighton 0-2 Leicester City.
Crystal Place 1-2 Liverpool.
Everton 0-2 Norwich City.
Watford 0-3 Burnely.
Manchester City 2-1 Chelsea.