Stats and facts for the Rugby Championship match between Argentina and the Springboks in Salta on Saturday.
– Argentina will be on the hunt for back-to-back wins against South Africa for the first time after picking up a 32-19 win in their last encounter.
– Two of the previous three games between Argentina and South Africa at Ernesto Maltearena in Salta have been decided by a margin of just two points; however, South Africa ran out to a 41-23 win in their most recent encounter there.
– South Africa’s last seven Tests on the road have all been decided by a single-figure margin; the Springboks’ results have been evenly split during that run, winning three, losing three and drawing once.
– Argentina’s only victory in their last 10 Tests on home soil (L9) came against South Africa (25 August 2018).
– South Africa have lost just one of their last five matches in the Rugby Championship (W3, D1), scoring 30 points or more three times in that span.
– Argentina have conceded 14 penalties in the Rugby Championship in 2019, the fewest of any team.
– South Africa have scored the most tries (6) of any team in the Rugby Championship in 2019, twice as many as any other side in the tournament.
– Argentina have made the most offloads (26) of any team in 2019 and double the amount of South Africa, who have made the fewest (13).
– Herschel Jantjies (South Africa) is the only player in the Rugby Championship to have scored multiple tries (3) so far; the scrumhalf has made just seven carries.
– Guido Petti Pagadizaval (Argentina) has won 12 lineouts (including 2 steals) in 2019, the most of any player and the only one to have already reached double figures.
Courtesy of SA Rugby Mag 2019.