Springbok flyhalf Elton Jantjies' airline damage case withdrawn.
By Lehlohonolo Lehana.
The case against Rugby World Cup-winning South Africa fly-half Elton Jantjies was provisionally withdrawn on Friday, his lawyer said, after his arrest last month on charges of damaging airline property.
The 31-year-old 41-times capped understudy to Handre Pollard was arrested on May 15 on charges of malicious damage to property of an airline he had flown with from Dubai to Johannesburg.
He had been released on R1 000 rand bail.
His lawyer Nabeela Moola told reporters that charges had been provisionally withdrawn "based on the representations made to the state."
The matter has been withdrawn and there is no further comment," Moola said.
He made his professional debut in 2011 with the Johannesburg-based Lions and was loaned to French Top 14 club Pau in 2021 before joining Japanese outfit NTT Red Hurricanes this year.
Jantjies was recently named in Springbok coach Jacques Nienaber's 48-man squad chosen for the July series against Wales, the Rugby Championship, and the November tour to Europe.