Tuesday, 19 January 2021 19:09

Staff Reporter.

Kaizer Chiefs claimed their third victory in a row with a 3-0 win over Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila at FNB Stadium.

Chiefs coach Gavin Hunt brought in three new players into today’s starting XI Kgotso Moleko, Darrell Matsheke and Leonardo Castro came on as second half substitutes in Saturday’s match against Cape Town City.

The trio replaced Siyabonga Ngezana, Kearyn Baccus and Happy Mashiane, who were on the bench this afternoon.

Chiefs were looking a confident outfit in the opening stages and had their first attempt when a cross into the box was headed out to Daniel Cardoso on the edge of the box and the Amakhosi anchorman's volley was well-struck one but wide.

Amakhosi suffered an early blow when skipper Ramahlwe Mphahlele was forced off with injury and replaced by Njabulo Blom, with Cardoso dropping back into the heart of the defence and Blom joining Darrel Matsheke in the centre of the park.

Then hosts took the lead through Nkosingiphile Ngcobo, who grabbed his second goal in as many games. Samir Nurkovic held the ball up from a long throw and flicked it to the back post for Ngcobo, who flicked the ball up and over Nicholas Lukhubeni before rifling the volley home into the back of the net emphatically.

Chiefs suffered another injury blow when Ngcobo was stretchered off and replaced by Mashiane, while Lebohang Lesako was introduced in place of Castro.

Mashiane made an instant impact setting up Chiefs' second goal with a superb cross for Lebogang Manyama to sidefoot into the back of the net at the back post.

TTM were reduced to 10 men in the 83rd minute when Alfred Ndengane received his second yellow card with seven minutes to go.

Chiefs put the nail in the coffin in the 90th minute when Mashiane also netted his second goal in as many games when Manyama threaded a lovely pass through for the Amakhosi youngster, who produced a composed finish into the top left-hand corner.

Meanwhile Mamelodi Sundowns missed the chance to go three points clear at the top of the DStv Premiership table after they were held to a goalless draw by Bloemfontein Celtic.