Deputy minister of state security Zizi Kodwa has confirmed receiving R50,000 from a bank account linked to President Cyril Ramaphosa's CR17 campaign.
He said he didn’t have to explain why Cyril Ramaphosa’s presidential campaign paid him R50,000 almost two years after the governing party’s Nasrec conference.
City Press reported yesterday that Kodwa, along with transport minister Fikile Mbalula and a certain Jama Mchunu each received R50,000 on the same day from the account used for Ramaphosa's successful presidential campaign.
While Mbalula's spokesperson,Ayanda Allie-Payne said she "was not at liberty to comment on him as a member of the ANC".
The Sunday Independent also reported that some of Ramaphosa's supporters who worked in his campaign felt neglected as they did not benefit post-Nasrec while others were rewarded with cash and positions.
However Presidency and officials who ran President Cyril Ramaphosa's 2017 ANC presidential campaign, known as the CR17 campaign, have yet to comment on an explosive leak of bank statements.
The statements, which were widely shared on social media since at last week.