Cricket South Africa revealed that seven people within the organisation had tested positive for coronavirus.
The acting chief executive of South African cricket's governing body, Jacques Faul, said more than 100 tests had been conducted within the organisation, and they had included players and support staff.
"The number of seven is actually quite low," said Faul, who added CSA's medical and ethical protocol prevented him from revealing the identity of those who had tested positive.
As the organisation looks to get cricket back on the field and on television sets, it is implementing strict return to play safety guidelines and part of that process included testing.
Over 100 tests were conducted throughout the country that included affiliate staff as well as some of the country's contracted professional players, including the franchise training squads that had been assembled after government announced that in Level 3 of the nationwide lockdown, non-contact sport could resume.
Meanwhile Cricket South Africa has been forced to postpone its 3TC event that was due to take place at SuperSport Park next Saturday, because the Minister of Sport, Nathi Mthethwa, is unhappy.
Mthethwa had voiced his displeasure with Cricket SA announcing the event earlier last week and told the Parliamentary portfolio committee for Sport, Arts and Culture on Friday that CSA had not yet received ministerial approval for the event.
Statement from the partners in the Solidarity match— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) June 20, 2020
The operational teams behind the Solidarity match and event partners in collaboration with Cricket South Africa, 3TCricket and SuperSport met to consider the readiness to host the event on 27th June. pic.twitter.com/VqXj61ZUvl
A new date will be announced in due course.