The firefighters have extinguished a fire that broke out at a MultiChoice building in Randburg.
Joe Heshu, head of corporate affairs at MultiChoice, said the fire was caused as a result of waterproofing that was happening on the roof.
"Subsequently, the building was evacuated and we can confirm that no employees were harmed," said Heshu.
"I can also confirm that the fire has been put out.”
Meanwhile City of Joburg Emergency Services spokesperson Robert Mulaudzi said the fire has been extinguished and that no injuries have been reported.
《Randburg》#M03, #A01 responded to Bram Fischer Road C/O Republic for a structural fire. On arrival we had to evacuate the building. A couple of patients are being assessed for slight smoke inhalation. Updates to follow #whensecondscount pic.twitter.com/QjHKl8hy2e— EMER-G-MED (@EMER_G_MED) October 15, 2019
Fire at Multichoice Randburg. pic.twitter.com/aoU3RVdLXJ— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) October 15, 2019