The former president Jacob Zuma will not appear at the State Capture Commission as previously scheduled.
He was expected to make his second appearance at the inquiry on Monday October 21, following his first appearance in July.
Chairperson for the commission deputy chief justice Raymond Zondo made the announcement and said that Zuma had cited his ongoing legal issues as the reason for his unavailability.
"The commission has been informed that the former president and his legal representatives will be unavailable that week owing to circumstances relating to his legal criminal trial. The commission takes note of this and consequently, He will no longer appear next week," the commission explained in a statement.
When He appeared in July he denied being involved in a corrupt relationship with the Gupta family. He said accusations against him were part of a political campaign to tarnish his name.